Monday, December 1, 2014

Josh's Mission Dec 1 2014


Hello family!!


I was thinking about the good times that we had helping out at DBH this week, and how much I appreciated that time to serve others and be with the family. that was really a great blessing. and that's awesome to spend some time with the rest of the family. could you send some pictures of the family?? I realized that I don't have very many. we really are blessed with a wonderful family! I'm so grateful for you all and the wonderful examples that you are to me, I love you!

that is wonderful news that JR is going to be baptized, tell him that I love him and that he is awesome! I will keep him in my prayers.

thank you so much for your love, I can't tell you enough how much I appreciate the wondeful family that heavenly father has blessed us with. it is such a huge blessing to be able to share that love we have with others and help them to enjoy the blessing of eternal families.

Well, it's been a really good week, lots of food, good times with our ward, exciting news for transfers and as always ups and downs. But I just have to say that this past week I have really felt a greater appreciation for our Savior and how he feels. I know that he really does love us and he knows exactly what we go through. I am very grateful for the atonement and I'm trying to better understand how to really apply it in my life and in the life of others. 

So first off, transfers are on thursday, elder Styles, will be transferred and I will get a new comp. It's been a way fast transfer and I'm sad to see elder styles leave but I know that we've had a good time together and we'll be good friends always. 

We had a wonderful thanksgiving. we spent most of it with the Crawfords. They are really sweet and definitely they make me feel like family, I'm excited to be able to stay and work with them closely. 

Other than that not too much happened this week, with the holiday, it was kind of slow, and black friday didn't really help anything either, but I'm very grateful for the good times that we were able to have with the people here. 

I've realized very recently just how important it is to really rely on Heavenly father. I have really gained a deep appreciation for the scriptures and prayer and the sacrament, in doing what heavenly father wants we come closer to him and are able to better understand how to follow the perfect example of Jesus Christ. How do we become what Heavenly Father wants us to be? what are we supposed to do? I know that Father in Heaven has answers for us, he is readily waiting for us to talk to him and ask what we can do for him. 

I'm very grateful for this time of year to focus more on what Christ means to me. On LDS.org there is a great video about a new initiative called He is the Gift. it's really powerful and I'm excited to see what will happen with it. I'll let you watch it, and not ruin it for you, but I just love how when we really focus on who Christ is and following him, everything works out, I'm very thankful for you all and please know that I  love you!! thank you so much for your love, support, and prayers, they are felt and help. 

ij iokwe eok!!
Elder Broadbent

No comments:

Post a Comment