Monday, December 8, 2014

Josh's Mission Dec 8 2014

Salut My family!!

it's been a pretty crazy week, but really good. It was crazy how fast the time that I had with e styles, it really felt so much shorter than 6 weeks, but we had a really good time together. I really learned a lot from him. So my new companion is elder porter. He is from Blackfoot Idaho, has 3 months left on his mission, is super funny, loves to laugh and have a good time. what else about him, he love basketball, reading, and music. and really he's just super awesome!

So a couple of really amazing things that have happened the last week. We were super blessed with a few new investigators. One, Linda Johnson, is so prepared and such a huge blessing. We knocked on her door Saturday night, talked to her, and invited her to church. She came to church - loved it!!- then she also came to the Christmas devotional last night at a members house (the Crawford's). It was really amazing too, at church she really felt like this was what she wanted for her family. She has gone to a lot of different churches and just never felt like any of them really felt right or fit what she believed. The members really took her in and it's just super great! it was a huge miracle. we're hoping that everything goes well with her and that we'll be able to continue to help her.

We also had a great time watching the Christmas devotional. I really loved Elder Christofferson's talk. And Pres Erying's was amazing. 

I loved that they they talked about the great example that Holy family: Joseph, Mary, and Jesus. One of my favorite quotes was "when God wants something really important done or a great wrong righted, He goes about it in a very unusual way." I just thought how very true that was, that Heavenly father always has a purpose in what he does, we won't always understand those purposes are, but if we have faith in Him, then everything will be okay. It's really amazing to see throughout the scriptures how Heavenly Father always does as much as He can to help us. 

Also, I think I mentioned it last week, but I just have to again, the He is the Gift video is really amazing and everyone should look at it and share it with everyone. 



 I was thinking about what I really want for Christmas, and when we were talking about Christmas with a member, he brought up something that really made me think. I think one of the best things that I would really want for Christmas would be a letter from each Family member. in the letter will you right your testimony, how you have come to know it, and experiences that have strengthened it. also, if you have any missionary experiences, i would love to hear them. The reason that I kind of change my mind is because I have just come to realize a few things that I need to work on. I have realized how not important a lot of the worldly things that I hold on to are. I know that the really important things are those things that we will take with us when we depart this life, family, relationships, and testimony being a few. 

that is so wonderful that Jr was baptized!! any chance I could get pictures? please tell him how much I love him and am really happy for him and his family. 

that really sounds like a great family party!! and I really hope that you get feeling better dad, I will keep you in my prayers. thank you so much for everything that you do, please know that I love you and i really look up to you. 

again, I have to say I love you and I can't tell you how much I appreciate you, my family and friends. I love this Christmas season! it is a wonderful time of year to increase in faith of our Savior Jesus Christ who I know lives! He truly is a Gift. 

I love you, thank you so much for everything. especially your prayers, and love. I hope that all is well and you enjoy this wonderful time of year


ij iokwe eok!!
Elder Broadbent

No comments:

Post a Comment