Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Josh's Mission Feb 23 2015

Hello Family! 

It's so good to hear about the great things that are happening with everyone. First I just want to say and I know that I say this a lot, but I just feel very strongly about it. I am so grateful for the gospel and especially for the wonderful family that Heavenly Father has blessed us with. I really do know that it is only because of the gospel that we can be happy for eternity. This week I was reminded a couple of times the importance of keeping an eteranl persective and always fighting for what is right no matter what. It also really hit me this week all of the blessings, big and usually small, that the Lord has given me. it's so humbling to know that our Heavenly Father knows each and every one of us. It's such a wonderful time to be alive! The gospel is true and we have the privledge to share that with others. and I am just grateful for the awesome time that Heavenly father has given me to be out on a mission, and for the time that He has blessed us to be on this earth. it's a miracle that I needed to be reminded of. 

So on that note, as I was kind of thinking about what I could write today, nothing was really coming to mind. I couldn't really think of anything that happened that was huge or spectacular. as I was thinking about it more, I was reminded that it's the small and simple things that often make the big differences and that it's by tender mercies that the Lord blesses us the most. 

along those lines, on Thursday we had a could of meetings with the districts in our Zone, (side note: in our Zone there are 4 missionaries going home) at one of the meetings we talked a lot about the Atonement and about how we can apply it more directly in our personal lives and help others to apply it to themselves as well. It's so powerful to know that we all have a Savior who did everything for us. It's wonderful to know that restored truth.

 It was very powerful to here all 4 missionaries talk about the changes that they have made in their lives to live in accordance with the gospel and to see the effect that the Atonement has had in their lives. It's such a sweet miracle when we bring one soul unto repentance, becasue then we see the Joy that comes from repenting; we have to first bring ourselves to Christ and then only through His grace are we able to be saved. And then we are able to bring other souls unto Christ. :) it just brings so much Joy and happiness 

Also, on Saturday we had a baptism for a little branch here, the Belle Plaine Branch. it was really sweet for them, there hasn't been a baptism there for almost a year, so it was really great! there were quite a few investigators there, from missionaries around the Zone. and then Yesterday we found out that there was a confirmation of a girl who got baptized a few weeks ago. it's really great to see all of the miracles that are happening through out the zone, we are so happy! 

Yeah, so Elder Porter is going home this Thursday. Like I said early, there are also 3 other missionaries going home in the zone. This next transfer there will be a lot of changes, but we're excited for them. there will be a sister who is going to start traning, another companionship that is finishing up traning. we're getting a couple other new people in the zone and losing a couple; they will be moved around the mission. So, losts of changes, but changes are great :) 

I'm so grateful again, for everything that you do! I love you so much and I really appreciate your prayers, love and support. I hope and pray that all is well!

ij iokwe eok!!
Je teaime beaucoup
Elder Broadbent

No comments:

Post a Comment