Thursday, February 12, 2015

Josh's Mission Feb 9 2015

my dear family! 

I'm really happy to hear that things are going well and that everything has been warm, this past week hasn't been nearly as bad as the previous week, so that's really good. it has still be way crazy working in 2 areas, but it's also been such a huge blessing. I've really learned a lot and I hope to continue to learn. It's been a huge growing time and we're just trying to use the time that we have wisely and productively. 

that's so good to hear that everything went well for Stake Conference. it as I was reading I was thinking about the mission tour that we had with elder Cardon. it's so true that they are all so different, so inspired though, and so loving. it's so great to see how they really do sustain, respect, and love our leaders. they are called of God and such wonderful examples. Something that President Jensen always, says is that we should always be looking to our file leaders for direction and guidance. I know that Heavenly father has really blessed us with wonderful prophets and apostles.

I was listening to a talk that Elder Holland gave to the CES leaders and teachers. It is a very powerful talk. He talks a lot about the things that the Lord needs each of us to do to help each other stay on the path. Something that I really like that he said is about the restoration. He said that it is such a wonderful blessing to live in this time, in these last days. while it is true that there is so much evil, it is also true that there is more Good. It's a wonderful thought that the Gospel will never be taken again away from the earth. all prophets leading up to our day prophesied of the things that will happen in our day. Everything that has every happened has lead up to our day. It such a blessing to live in these last days when we know that everything will be okay, we know that we will win at last. 

Yesterday at church we had Erick, an investigator, come. He's from Congo, speaks French, and will be baptized on the 28th of Feb. it was really great! Sometimes it's kind of hard to communicate with him, becasue we can't understand everything he says and he can't understand everything he says, but the spirit is truly working through us to him. IN the Zone we also had quite a few people come to church. It was great, during sacrament, there was an investigator form one of the companionship's just walk in, unexpectedly really. Also, there isa  family from Nepal that is going to be baptized in a couple of weeks. they are so wonderful! 

I'm sure that you already know this, but have you heard that Meet the Mormons is for sale online? 

also yesterday in church it just really hit me how much I love the gospel and how much peace it brings to us. I know that Heavenly Father loves us. We are his children and He know what is best for us and as we follow him we will be happy. I have been reading in Mormon lately and it's just really hit me how important it is to use our agency righteously. 

I love you all!! thank you so much for everything!! I hope and pray that all is well. Thank you so much for your love, support, and prayers.  

 
ij iokwe eok!!
Elder Broadbent


Another great photo sent by one of the members.

No comments:

Post a Comment