Monday, March 2, 2015

Josh's mission March 2 2015


Hello family!!

It's been a super great week! slow at times, but really good. We shipped elder Porter off on Thursday at transfer (I'm so sad to see him go home, but super excited at the same time), I got a new comp, Elder Parry ( he is so awesome!! He's changing my life already! I'll tell ya more about him in a bit) and then the spanish elders in our zone had a baptism on saturday, so that was a great way to finish up the week.

I always love and hate transfer week, but it was all good. It was hard to send elder porter home 'cause I love him so much, he was a wonderful companion. But I really love my new companion as well! Elder Parry is so great! He is from Tremonton UT, really not too far away from our home, so that's cool. He has been out 22 months, is a stud of a missionary - he works so hard and has a great time! We get along super well already, we have a lot of the same likes and personality, so I'm super excited for this next transfer. I'm gonna learn to so much from him! he's really helped me a lot to change just in the few days that we've been together. 

I also really loved Fast sunday. I bore my testimony as well, definitely didn't anticipate doing so, but I'm super glad that I did. It was really powerful. I just want to share a little bit of my thoughts. I talked about how amazing Iowa is! :) it's such a sacred place. this is where the pioneers started their journey. Iowa City is the place that everyone came to before they left for the West. Nauvoo is such a sacred place as well. it's so powerful to think of the legacy that is here. I am so grateful for the wonderful legacy and examples that I have to look to. I'm really so very grateful for the wonderful family that we have! It's such a blessing to have a great family that has followed the Lord so much! I love the examples that we have in our family and also especially of our Older Brother, Jesus Christ. I know that He is our Savior. I know that he Lives!!

I'm so excited for conference coming up! it's gonna be so great!! I was rereading the talks that Pres Monson gave last conference, and it's really amazing to me to see his abilities as a prophet of God.He knows what is going on. He knows what the world needs, because Heavenly Father lets him know. I know that we are lead by our Savior and the he loves us so much! He wants us to be happy and to return to him again. I know that He is the Way that we will have the greatest gift of all, eternal life. I am so grateful for this gospel. it's so wonderful!! :)

so, in response to you email mom:
That sounds like it was a really great sunday!! Thank you so much for your wonderful example!! it's really amazing to hear about the examples that you have had. I do remember hearing about Leon. I didn't know all that about your dad though. I was just thinking this week, because Elder Parry asked me, about Grandma and Grandpa Hatch. I know that they were wonderful, because they raised you and their family right. :) 

that's really great to hear about the missionary work that you are doing!! family history is so great! it can take awhile, but it's so good. and that's wonderful that you'll be having the Call's over hopefully, keep me updated about them, I'd love to hear any miracles that happen. :) 

I'll definitely keep in my prayers that Utah needs more snow, or water I guess. I really hope that it gets better. the Weather here is warming up, it's still been really cold, but it's all good. We're super grateful that we havea a car and everything so that we don't have to walk in the cold all the time. it's a huge blessing.

again, thank you so much for everything!! I love you all so much!! please know that I appreciate your love and prayers so much!! have a great week! Love you! 



ij iokwe eok!!
Je teaime beaucoup
Elder Broadbent



ppss so the first pic is elder parry next to a sign we found. it's a true statement. the other one is a great Iowa sunset


No comments:

Post a Comment