Monday, February 6, 2012

First letter from the MTC!

So here is our first letter from Mary!! I had been expecting an email from the MTC on last Wednesday or Thursday, obviously she preferred to do a handwritten letter or couldn't get to a computer! It was a wonderful surprise to get her letter today!
I also have some pictures that I am posting of our family together before she left.

Feb 1, 2012
Barev Zez Family!

The MTC is wonderful - so overwhelming, but great! We started right into the language - no English and learning the alphabet - to say the lease, there was a lot of miming and confusion for the sounds that we've never heard or made in English - it's hard to know where and how it is formed in your mouth. But it sounds and looks so neat!
I can't wait to actually know it!
I love the peace of the gospel - even though I was so nervous and full of butterflies, as soon as we got started I just felt better - that peace. It is wonderful!

My companion is Sister Bobzien?(I can't read her writing) - she's from Napa, California - its just the 2 of us and 3 Elders - so small compared to almost everyone else! One of the Elders is from Logan, another from San Diego and the last is from Buffalo, New York - its pretty awesome to get to know these people that I will spend the next 10/12 weeks with.,

I'm mot sure if it is 10 or 12 weeks - they gave us a 12 week schedule but they said we'll be done April 16 - isn't that only 10? No matter - it'll be great!

My p-day is Wednesday so I'll write more then.

I love you all so Much! I'm not sure I can express how grateful I am to have you as a family!

Love you!
Sister Broadbent
(it feels really weird to write that :) ).

No comments:

Post a Comment