Monday, April 22, 2013

Mary's Mission 22 April 2013


Barev marev im sireliner! 

I know I always say we had a great week, but I have to say it again, because it was great. When Sister Haglund was first new in country, she talked about how where they are is so much better than they ever could have imagined, because of the Lord.  I think maybe that's why each week is just so great; the way the Lord blesses us is always far beyond anything I could ever expect or imagine.  Granted, I am positive that He wants even more for us and that we have so much more to do in order to receive those blessings, but I am so grateful for all that He does give to us, inspite of our weaknesses.

We've had quite the week of rain this week-we've nearly gotten caught in a down pour a couple of times and I just love it! I love how everything is evidence of our Father's love and hand in our lives.  As we were talking with one of our investigators, she reminded me of how the Lord takes care of us and helps us conquer our trials.  What a good woman.  There are so many wonderful people here! As we were sitting in our Branch council this last week, Branch President started giving us life advice.  I love that man.  I wish you could all meet him, get to know him, and love him the way I do.  He is a great man.  He reminds me a lot of you Dad.

We're working towards a couple of baptisms with in the next couple of weeks-two wonderful women, Hasmik and Asia, both from different walks of life, and both prepared by the Lord to accept His gospel.  Both of them have taken us in as their daughters and have offered to make our meals for us :)  I love armenians!  It is so great to learn from them, from the experiences that they've each had and to grow with them in the gospel.  It is so neat to feel their testimonies grow as they each gain a witness of the truthfulness of the gospel.  I think it is so phenominal how the Lord knows each of us and works with each of us in different ways, how different things speak to our hearts, if our hearts are open to the whisperings of the spirit. 

I was studying a little bit about sacrifice and tithing this week.  What do you all think?  Why is tithing so important?  What blessings have you received from paying tithing?

One more quick thing- I just want to testify about the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon.  I love it.  I know it is the word of God and that it is the evidence that this is Christ's church.  It was written for our day-for each and every one of us.  And I know it helps us draw nearer to our Father in Heaven and Jesus Christ.  I have seen it work miracles time and time again in the lives of people and I know it brings miracles into our lives as well.  This is the work of God, there is no way it's not.  

Be sure to tell Phillip and Megan congrats, as well as Kami! That is so great! I CANNOT wait to hear where Josh is going!!!! 

I love you all!!! You are the best! I hope you have a great week! You are all in my thoughts and prayers! 
Love you!

Metz sirov,

Quyr Broadbent  

eli barev!

I completely forgot, yesterday in church we had an amazing Sunday school lesson all about family history, being perfected with our families, and knitting our hearts together with family and ancestors.  It was truly amazing.  With that in mind, I was just thinking about how even though taking names to the temple there is so much more to family history than that.  Our hearts are knit together as we learn about the lives of those who have gone before, and even as we talk with each other about our own experiences.  Will you make time to write down memories you have?  Have grandma and grandpa, of mom and dad, of growing up, of personal experiences?  Talk with each other, share what you remember and let your hearts be knit together.  Let's strengthen our family relationships and bonds, since our family is the greatest thing we could ever have or wish to have?  Let's make some time for each other and support one another a little more every day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment