Monday, December 2, 2013

Josh's Mission Dec 2, 2013

Yokwe Family!
First of all, I love you all so much and it is so great to hear that you took that challenge. It was really amazing to sit down and seriously think about all of the things that I am grateful for. Thanksgiving was great! we had 2 actually on the same day. one was with a member family, we eat and then talked and they have a tradition of going bowling, so that was fun, different, but fun. then we had a Marchallese thanksgiving. tons of food and tons of people. it was really great! but I probably gained like 20 pounds. then the next day we had another thanksgiving with another member family, so all in all We had a lot of turkey!
 
Hm, so not a whole lot happened this week. We taught a pretty cool lesson with some marshellese kids. we started out teaching onw, and ended up with like 5 or 6. they just kept coming in, and as one would come in we had the other ones elplain what we were talking about, it was really great and funny. We also were getting ready for the Chirstmas Cantata, which by the way went great! so that kind of took up a lot of time. the Cantata was so awesome, I know that there were people there that felt the spirit. we had some slips of paper for people to fill out and give to us so that we could come talk to them, which worked really well, we got like 10 contacts from it, so that was great!
 
I have to tell you that the Lord works in mysterious ways. A lot of times things happen and we aren't really sure why, but the Lord knows. This week when we were giving service, we were asked to talk to this lady about her problems, basically she wanted some counceling, and really just someone to talk to. so we talked. eventually we talked to her about how the gospel can help her that we would like to meet with her, but she can't have visitors where she lives, she doesn't have a phone, so there is pretty much no way that we could contact her again, but for some reason we needed to talk to her. not really sure why though, but I trust that the Lord has a plan for us all, and that maybe one day, she will remeber what we talked about and talk to some missionaries.
 
We also talked to this guy on the street yesterday actually, as we were walking to the the church for the Cantata. to make a really long story short, this guy, nick, doesn't consider himself to be religious, but he is majoring in religion at a religious school. he is very philosophical and denies that we can find out for oursleves the truth of the gospel by reading and praying. he trys to reason and use logic and that is not how the Lord works, not really any way. The only way that we can know the truth of the gospel is to read the Book of mormon and pray with a sincere heart with really intent, and the Holy ghost wil tell us in our minds and in our hearts that it is true. I know that that is true. one thing that is kind of astonishing to me, is that there are not many people here, especailly marshallese, that have prayed about the Book of Mormon. have you all prayed about the book of mormon? have tou put it to the test? if not, will you? if you have, will you do it again? I know that if you ask our heavenly father if it is true that he will tell you through the holy ghost.
 
That is so wonderful to hear about cadin and his mom. I really hope that they continue to be faithful, because I know that we see blessings and miracles when we are. that's great that Uncle Jim is improving, I've been praying for him. I really hope that everything is alright and that he recovers soon. that is horrible about James's wife! I can't believe that. but i know that the Lord allows us to have trials that he knows we can overcome. he doesn't give us anythig that we can't handle.
 
I love you all so much. I am truely blessed with a wonderful family. and I can't tell you enough how grateful I am that you support me and pray for me and the people that we work with. thank you so much! I hope and pray that everything is well with you. Keep the faith
 
Yokwe Yok,
 
Elder Broadbent

No comments:

Post a Comment