Monday, March 23, 2015

Josh's Mission March 23 2015

Hello my wonderful family!! 

thank you so much mom, for your wonderful insight. I often think about how I can stay moving forward and not let myself slip and fall, but I think that something you said rings very true. In life we do slip. there will be icy patches in front of us, all around us that cause us to fall, with no real fault of our own. But what we can choose is whether or not we let the ice keep us down. we can choose to get back up. I really like in what pres Uchtdorf said about that, "you can do it now!". it's true that we have to gain the strength to get back up, and then keep going forward. I sometimes forget that there is still more to do and that I have to keep trying despite the trials and blessings that come. Keep moving forward! that's what life is all about :)

it is really good, like you said when things aren't to hectic. I'm the same way, that in the easy times is when it can be the hardest to keep doing the best things that we need to, to stay on the path. and I like what you said about getting to know your neighbors, move forward and make sure that she knows she is welcome. we're all working together and sometimes we don't always see what someone else will. I just thought about something, that when, lets say elder Parry and I, talk to someone we don't both say or do the same things, but Heavenly Father knows what we can do. We all have different abilities and things that the Lord needs us to do, it's when opportunities come and we don't see them or we don't take them that we need to repent and do better. When we do listen to the promptings we receive all will be well. that's something that I've been thinking a lot about this past week, it that we need to realize that there are so many opportunities around us to be Heavenly father's hands. We are in the work of Salvation, we are trying our best to take care of Heavenly Father's Children, and in this work, He will not let us fail. If we desire he has called us to the work. and I know that when we try our best, keep the commandments, qualify for the Spirit of the Holy Ghost, Heavenly Father will make the way before us clear. We act on Faith every day. that is how we will move forward. when I say the word we, I mean everyone who has taken upon themselves the name of Christ. I have just thought a lot about how I need to do better to see the opportunities that are around me and let Heavenly father use me in the way that He sees fit, like it says in Mosiah 3:19 "become as a little child, submissive, meek, humble, patient, full of love, willing to submit to all things which the Lord seeth fit to inflict upon him, even as a child doth submit to his father." that's really powerful and I know that's what Heavenly Father wants for all of us. :) He loves us and he will take care of us if we let Him. 

that's great that Michael spoke!! how is he doing?? and that the missionaries spoke, for some reason, that's something that we don't really do very much in this ward. but we have fast Sunday next week, so that's a great opportunity :) and then General conference the next weekend, which I can't wait for! I can't believe that it's come so fast!! time just flies by... I'm trying to come with some questions and thoughts for conference. does any one have any ideas?? because I haven't really been able to think of any yet.

yes, please do send pictures :) that would be wonderful :) 

thank you sister Butterfield!! I really appreciate that. :)

 :) I'm really grateful for the wonderful family that we are all a part of. Heavenly Father's family is amazing and I'm grateful that we are all brothers and sisters. :) it's wonderful to feel the love the Lord has for each of us, it's very individual and personal. I know He does care for us as we do His will :)

it has been a really wonderful week! it's started to warn up (although today it is colder than it has been all week... still not bad though) We've been able to get out a lot more and walk around. We are trying really hard to find people to teach and help them to feel Heavenly father's love. Elder Parry and I get along super well, and he is so great!! He makes everything so great!! I;m super grateful that I can serve with him. We've been seeing a lot of miracle all though out the zone and We're excited to get into spring and warmer weather. :) next week there will be 2 baptisms in the zone, from the same companionship, so we're getting ready for that.

This last week we also had zone conference down in Nauvoo. it was so wonderful!! I've been to Nauvoo more times then I thought I ever would. it's so great!! it's such a wonderful, powerful place. the Spirit of the temple and the memories there are really strong. it was great to be around places where so much has happened, both for the church and for our family. :) I want to spend some time there actually and just walk around and see things again, because usually we don't have much time. but it's all good.\

Well, I am again, just really grateful for everything that you all do. I'm especially grateful for your love, prayers and support. I hope that all is well!! I love you!!!
ij iokwe eok!!
Je teaime beaucoup
Elder Broadbent

ps here's a few different pics of e parry and I at Nauvoo,  the Nauvoo temple from the hill, me in front of the temple, and the statue of Joseph and Hyrum

No comments:

Post a Comment